The first 2,000 participants to sign up will be guaranteed a medal for the 2014 Eppie's Great Race. Sign up soon, so you'll be guaranteed to receive your medal at Registration Check In.
Keep Checking our Facebook Page, "Eppie's Great Race" for our next booth location and where you can win entries, shirts, hats, calendars, magnets and much more.
ABOUT THE RACE
- At this time the current route for the course will be used. Note that Water Levels on the River will not affect the date of the event on July 19, 2014. If needed, alternative routes have been discussed and selected by the EGR Committee.
- Eppie's Great Race® known as "The World's Oldest Triathlon®", "The Great Race", the "No Swim" Triathlon is the largest paddling event in the United States!
- Sacramento-area restauranteur/entrepreneur Eppie Johnson founded the event in 1974, holding it's first triathlon on July 27, 1974 being the first "Modern Triathlon". It has been held every year since and is a Sacramento-area summertime tradition for elite athletes, fitness enthusiasts, friends and families.
- The race features a 5.82-mile run, a 12.5-mile bike and a 6.35-mile paddle held along the scenic American River Parkway in Rancho Cordova and Sacramento.
- Plaque Awards given to the first, second, & third place division winners plus participants have the option to sign up for best costume and/or body paint and win a 1st, 2nd & 3rd place award.
- A concurrently held duathlon put on by Eppie's Great Race®, the U.S. Bank Kids Duathlon, is available to area youth.
- The event is presented by the Eppie's Great Race Foundation and the primary beneficiary is Sacramento County Therapeutic Recreation Services.
To honor our founder, Eppie G. Johnson and his passing, please make your donations to: Eppie's Great Race Foundation, 1111 Howe Avenue, Suite 140, Sacramento, CA 95825
Your combined doations has raised almost $14,000.
- Eppie's Great Race would like to THANK the following for your donations & memorial offererings in honor of Eppie G. Johnson, our founder:
- $5,000 and above: Sue Garcia & Family
- $1,000 and above: Amrod Charitable Foundation; C.R. Gibb, Jane T. Vandivier
- $500 and above: American River Parkway Foundation, California Restaurant Association, The Alex & Faye Spanos Family Trust
- $250 and above: The Seltzer Foundation; Janet Feil/Feil Family Trust, Mr. & Mrs. David J. Lucchetti/Pacific Coast Building Products, Erin & Timothy Michiewicz, Jenannie & G.A. Ranglas
- $100 and above: Julie & Gus Gianulias, Clean4Sale/The Hanagan Family, Summit Wealth and Retirement Partners; Barbara Mangels; Roger & Holly Dallas, Alexandra & Michelle Diakakis, Robert Hanna, Jay & Heidi Leupp, Bessie Pothos/Linda Beaudin, Charlie Willard, Capital Road Race Management/Rich Hanna, Corti Brothers/Darrell Corti, and Cress Williamson Real Estate.
- $99 and under: Mary Vasos; Chrysanthe/Athena/George Saterson; Partrick & Buxzrellos, Frank & Doris Cirill, Mr. & Mr. William Demas, Lina & Kenneth Fat, Gerald & Sarah Gorman, Will & Beverley Kempton, Robert & Sharon Oosterman, Cathy Patrick, Lucy Stein, CA Kayaker Club, S BENSON & CO; James & Despina Chuchas; Eugene Kodama; Bill Bolollis, Daniel & Nancy Cole, Elizabelth Dokimos, Brian & Linda Hampton, and Robert Livingston.